Kentucky derby comes an array of favorite recipes and drinks unique to the fastest two minutes in sports. Derby pie is among the favorites. We love derby pie but making crust not so much. We made it easy on ourselves and you with an indulgent CBD pie dip recipe. No finicky crusts, gooey chocolate, and cookies!
We do have some switch-outs. In our video, we opted for condensed coconut milk. It’s a sweeter milk than traditional cows milk which balances the dark chocolate chips. Bourbon can be added to the dip but we opted for our Bourbon flavored CBD oil. 4 mL of bourbon CBD oil allows for an approximate 20-25 mg of CBD per half-cup serving. You can increase the total mL in the recipe if needed. Bourbon whiskey can be added too. However, since alcohol can intensify the effects of CBD, do decrease the mL of Bourbon CBD oil added to the recipe.
It’s derby pie made simple.
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 mL of Bourbon CBD Oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Favorite shortbread cookies to dip
- Add condensed milk, sugar, yolks, melted butter, and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil over low to medium heat. Whisk slowly and often.
- Once at a low boil, remove from heat.
- Add dark chocolate chips and pecans.
- Add 4 mL of Bourbon CBD oil.
- Serve with your favorite shortbread cookies.
We are proud of our delicious CBD oil flavors, especially celebrating the world-famous flavors of mint julep and bourbon. For a minty version, you can substitute the bourbon CBD oil for our Mint Julep CBD oil. It’s twice the relaxation with an easy recipe and quality CBD oil. Love this recipe? Follow us on YouTube for more CBD recipe videos for a wellness-focused and sweet indulgence like our CBD pie dip recipe.